Makeup Revolution Inglot Highlighter Rose Gold


These come in to me three rather strange shades for highlighters, all were inspired by precious bars of metal. There's a stark silvery white inspired by platinum that would possibly look too white even on me, there's a very yellow looking gold bar that would suit dark skin tones and mine is a rose gold one with a strong pink tone. This is the second highlighter than impressed me from Makeup Revolution (first was Unicorn Heart). It appears they learned how to do finely milled glowy highlighters in the past tries rather well. 


Texture: Formula is very buttery and pigmented, though you'll get that almost opaque super metallic look only if you apply it with fingers. Even with a brush you get a strong glow, I tend to use a thick big eyeshadow blending brush because I like a noticeable glow. It's a similar type of formula they use in their shimmery/metallic eyeshadows and as you can see on the picture where I'm wearing the highlighter, along the edge where I'm picking it up with a brush a crust has formed just like it happens at their eyeshadows. The shimmer is fine, so there's no chunky glitter in this and the effect is a really nice glow. 


Colour: Rose gold is you would expect a rose gold shade meaning on my very pale skin the pink undertone is visible, so it's almost like a blush shade for me. It's best suited for light-medium skin tones, preferably with a cool undertone. It's not that obvious on my picture where I'm wearing it because the glow is obscuring the pink toned base in the product, but it's definitely pink. I do however, appreciate how neutral the shimmer in it looks and that it's neither gold nor duochrome violet-pink that's usually in pink toned highlighters.


Staying power: Though the staying power is good and it manages to last at least 8 hours on the face, as it's wearing off, it does somehow ends up on most of the face and that's the only minus I can say about it.

Packaging: This comes in a bland pan which works completely fine, but for 7 € I'd expect something a bit prettier. Still I'm glad they put quality of the formula before the packaging. 


Price and availability: It can be bought on Ličila.si (Pink Panda in some other countries) for 6.99 €, maybe also in Tuš Drogerija and DM (I didn't check) and Makeup Revolution's official page. 

I'm impressed by the buttery formula, finely milled shimmer and excellent pigmentation. It truly is a wonderful highlighter, but I'm not a fan of the limited range of three (unusual) shades. If it were a light gold/champagne shade I've wear it every day, but now it's a  bit too dark and pink for me, though I still reach for it occasionally. If you have a light-medium skintone, you'll like this a lot. 

Have a great day!

*PR product

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deborah 24 Ore Extra Cover 2 in 1 Foundation and Concealer

Pixi by Petra Lip Lift Max

183 Days by Trend it up Swing Liner Black